Fiddle leaf fig trees thrive best in well-draining soil blends of 5.5-7.0 pH. Some of the most common ingredients in these soils include coco coir, perlite, and Fiddle Leaf Fig food.
The formulations create a healthy growing environment for your fiddle leaf figs and many other indoor houseplants. And so, if you’ve noted some brown spots, root rot, bacterial infection, and sunburns in your plants, you’ll find this review helpful.
The review outlines all the best high-quality fiddle leaf fig soils paramount for the longevity of your fiddle leaf fig tree. It contains tested and trusted brands that will help you make a wise, informed purchase decision.
Top 3 Best Soil for Fiddle Leaf Fig
01. Fiddle Leaf Fig Soil ( Editor’s Choice)
The Fiddle Leaf Fig Soil ranks highest because it is professionally mixed to improve the growth conditions of your Fiddle Leaf Fig Trees. The soil is an excellent blend of Sand, Pine Bark, Coconut Coir, Perlite, and Fiddle Leaf Fig food. Each ingredient plays a significant role in making the soil as nutritious as possible.
Features and Benefits
- Lightweight Formula – the ingredients give a lightweight formula that does not suffocate the plants’ roots. Instead, the formula allows the plants to thrive optimally and grow freely.
- All-PurposeTrees’ growth conditions The Pine Bark, Coconut Coir, Perlite, and Fiddle Leaf Fig food blend provides nutrient enrichment for Fiddle Leaf Fig Trees. This mix is also friendly for use by other indoor houseplants.
- Coconut Coir Ingredient – coir is a natural soil additive that retains water and drains excess moisture from the plants’ roots. And since the soil has Fiddle Leaf Fig Food, you can expect Increased flushing of green foliage every 6 months
- Heavy-Duty, Re-Sealable Bag – the soil comes in a heavy-duty bag that is a perfect cover for extended storage or later uses.
Go for this fiddle leaf fig soil if you’re looking for something to help in proper moisture retention, increased root strength, and improved soil conditions.
02. Premium Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree Potting Soil ( Best Buy )
Here’s our second proprietary formulation – the Premium Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree Potting Soil! This premium pick comes ready to deliver optimal nutrient retention and efficient drainage for your Fiddle Leaf Figs. It provides indoor plants a vibrant and healthy environment for optimal growth.
Feature and Benefit
- Non-toxic storage bag– the certified sterile bags will not lurk any chemicals to your plant. They are resalable and will protect your plants.
- Works with varieties – this mix can serve several plants, including ficus lyrata, aroids, rubber plants, and any other houseplants.
- Rich, healthy mix – the coco coir, organic aged bark, and perlite blend understand best to maintain an optimal balance of air and water in the soil.
- Healthier Nutrients – the soil also has other nutrients like phosphorus and IBI-certified Biochar for increased nitrogen and nutrient retention. This way, your plants will grow stronger like never before.
Eliminate the guesswork of watering your fiddle leaf figs by purchasing the Premium Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree Potting Soil. It is a fast-draining, well-aerated soil designed to prevent dropping leaves, correct brown spots, and promote growth. Enjoy healthier, greener leaves!
03. Hand Blended Fiddle Leaf Fig Potting Soil ( Top Pick )
Get the perfect blend for perfect results from this Hand Blended Fiddle Leaf Fig Potting Soil! The mix is hand-blended with your tiny fiddle leaf figs in mind and includes perlite, lime, peat moss, fir bark, and horticulture charcoal. This best type of soil for fiddle leaf fig is the ultimate soil mixture!
Features and Benefits
- Premium Ingredients – with only 2 ingredients (horticulture charcoal and fir bark), this soil provides the highest quality growing environment for your plants. It is not just a decent mix but an excellent blend that will leave your fig tree stronger and better.
- Fertilizer-free – many pre-mixed soils contain fertilizer, but this choice is an exception! The mixes do not have any synthetic fertilizers to ensure your plants enjoy an all-natural growing environment.
- High-quality zipper bag – sold with the soil is an 8qt zipper bag offering an ample size for repotting. It seals well during soil storage, and you can always re-use it.
- Highest Drainage Capacity – the fiddle leaf fig soil has high drainage qualities, allowing the plants to thrive optimally. And you can rest assured that its roots will not rot.
This fiddle leaf fig soil lets you re-pot or plant your fiddle leaf fig trees with the assurance that they will thrive. Though costly, the formulation offers value for money and would be a perfect investment to any farmer.
Signs You’re Using the Wrong Soil Mix for Fiddle Leaf Figs
Some of the signs that you are using the wrong soil mix for your fiddle leaf fig include:
- Drooping leavesIf your fiddle leaf fig soil lacks the necessary drainage materials, your plants will sit in water for many days, creating drooping leaves.
- Brown spotsThe most common cause of unsightly brown spots in leaves is over watering. The spots could be caused by planting your plants in poorly-draining soil mixes.
- Falling leaves
Falling leaves are an indicator of root rot which is also caused by using poorly-draining potting soil mixes.
How I Picked the Products
Our top 3 best soils for fiddle leaf fig were developed and validated from quality research and testing. They are the talk of many houseplant enthusiasts and experienced gardeners alike.
You can take advantage of this knowledge, choose your preferred formulation, and add to the beauties of the fiddle leaf figs in your home.
They are simple to use; get a large container, put the pre-blended mix while adding some water to moist it, fill your pots, and enjoy healthy planting.
When choosing the best type of soil for fiddle leaf fig, you’d want one that suits your needs, plant design, and budget. We’d highly recommend the Fiddle Leaf Fig Soil as it has excellent water-draining properties. But if you notice that your plants are not adapting to the mix, be sure to swap out the soil for a better formulation.